Over the past two weekends we have had the engine in and out about three more times. We have made some good progress, but unfortunately we have hit a few little speed bumps that we are working through.
Last weekend we cut the front opening out a little bit wider and test fit the engine and bellhousing into the car and it fit like a glove!
This weekend, we mated the LS9 to the ZF and got it into the car. We were able to get the engine and ZF perfectly in position and it fit very well. The issues started to arise when we tried to put the front drive on the engine.
In order to get the full front drive system to fit in the car, we will need to push the entire engine and transaxle assembly back approximately an inch. This will give us enough room for the entire front drive and will also decrease the size of the hump that we will have in the interior of the car.
It will not be too difficult moving the engine back. We have started fabricating new ears for the ZF that will move it back about an inch and we are working on the motor mounts to do the same. Once we finish, the front drive will fit perfectly and we will be able to move forward with getting the dry sump oil system figured out and installed.
Here are the pictures from the past two weekends!
3-16-14 UpdatesSee images »